Weekly Foodie Round Up -1-

Hello! Welcome to my new blog series, my Weekly Foodie Round Up. Since I've moved to a new city and already have 150 places on my London Foodie Map, I thought I'd share a weekly round-up, of the yummiest and cutest places I'll be going!

This week I'll be featuring: Brown & Rosie and Darlish Ice Cream


Brown & Rosie

Brown & Rosie was on my list of top places to try in London, so I was so excited to try it one of my first days here! It has two locations, one in South Kensington and one in Notting Hill. I went to the South Kensington location to have brunch and I was NOT disappointed! I had an iced latte with smoked salmon and eggs on toast and my father had an iced coffee and eggs on toast. The iced coffees were very yummy (even my dad said so and he ~used~ to be very against iced coffee) and the food was delicious! My dish came with sour cream on the side which was a yummy touch, and the portions were a very good medium size. Plus, prices weren't insane for an insta cafe in the city centre - the perfect bang for your buck at a trendy cafe I'd say.

( Insta - @brownandrosie )


We were able to sit outside because the weather was so nice and it felt like a Parisian cafe. Some other bits to mention, the decor/aesthetic of Brown & Rosie is adorable! They have a floral arch above the front door, cute plates, and lots of colors. What I also love is that they have takeaway coffee and pastry options, so you can stay or go, but either way it will be delicious!

( South Ken location )


Darlish Ice Cream
Another item on my top places to try list, Darlish Ice Cream is actually a summer pop-up that will be leaving September 30, so I was SO happy I got here in time to try it (multiple times, hopefully.) Nestled right between Leicester Square and Covent Garden, this pop-up has ice cream and baklava ice cream sandwiches! I LOVE BAKLAVA AND ICE CREAM! The ice cream options are super unique, too, so even if you're not in the baklava mood, you'll still be getting a fun treat! I, however, did get the baklava ice cream sandwich. I asked the girl behind the counter which flavor would go best and she suggested saffron or pistachio. I went for saffron because it sounded more unique and fun!

( Insta - @darlishicecream )

The baklava was delicious, and mixed with the ice cream, it was the perfect indulgent treat. The ice cream was yummy too, but I think next time I would order pistachio because I think it would compliment the baklava flavors better! As a pop-up I wasn't expecting cute decor or anything, but they actually had a really fun aesthetic going on (blue tiles outside!!!) The staff here were also really nice, which I always appreciate. After getting my treat, I wandered over to Neal's yard, about a five minute walk, to sit on one of the benches and eat my yumminess. Get this, I wasn't able to finish all of the ice cream, because I was so full after the baklava sandwich! That never happens! I can't wait to go back before the pop-up ends and try some new combos!

( Saffron ice cream, baklava sandwich )

There you have it, my first Foodie Round Up. I hope you enjoy it because I plan to do it all the time because I love exploring new places, and, more importantly, food. If you want my LONDON FOODIE MAP click that link and then comment here or DM me if you try something!

PS ~ if you have any recs or places I should try, comment below!

xoxo
Lisa



Comments

Popular Posts