Top 5 Places to Try in London

If you haven't caught on yet, I am moving to London. I don't know if it was all the announcements or the Blog re-brand, but yes it is true, I am off to London soon. A dream come true, really.
In preparation for my move, I will be packing, studying and, most importantly, compiling a list of all the food places I NEED to visit as soon as physically possible.

Peggy Porschen - a classic.
Have been countless times. 10/10 would reccommend.

Below I have listed my TOP 5 places (in no particular order) to try in London:

1. DARLISH ICE CREAM
Darlish is a summer pop-up in Covent Garden only running through the summer! Luckily, I arrive before they go. It's not just ice cream, it's a baklava ice cream sandwich. You know that scene in Mamma Mia 2 where she talks about cake and how it makes her feel better, and then she discovers baklava and she's so happy? It's like that but better because there's ice cream!!!! Also if you haven't seen Mamma Mia 2, what are you even doing with your life?

Photo taken from their Instagram
It looks like maybe you'll be in a food coma after eating, but that's fine by me.

2. HUMBLE DOUGH
This place is another new shop in London, but this one is permanent and has two locations. Humble Dough has vegan and gluten-free COOKIE DOUGH! I love cookie dough, all shapes and forms. I am not vegan or GF, but the creations look so yummy and have fab toppings, so I definitely can't wait to give it a try. 

Photo taken from their Instagram
Humble dough with raspberry jam!!!!! YUM!

3. BROWN & ROSIE
What intrigues me about Brown & Rosie is that they have delicious looking coffee, amazing baked goods, and breakfast and lunch options, all in one. Often you may find a good cafe with great coffee, but not great bakery items or savory lunch, or vice-versa, but Brown & Rosie is the whole package in one. I have heard the best reviews and can't wait to try everything. The aesthetic of the shop is also unfathomably cute. 

Photos taken from their Instagram
Everything is so gorgeous and looks almost too yummy to eat. 


4. E L & N
Okay, so the past THREE times I've been to London I've wanted to go here. It used to be called ELAN but now it's EL&N - eat live and nourish. Every time, I was too busy or had other places I needed to try and it was always just a bitttt out of the way so it got shoved to the back burner. NOW, It's super high on my list for places to try ASAP. When I first heard about it, there were only just jumping on the trendy cafe bandwagon, but now everyone knows and there's probably lines out of the door. I don't care, I need to go. 

Photo taken from their Instagram 
Added plus, Molly-Mae from Love Island has been here. Along with lots of other influencers, etc.

5. FEYA CAFE
Like the above, I've been wanting to go to Feya for ages, but it's never really worked out. While EL&N has some over the top instagram flower-wall (I think one has a unicorn) vibes, Feys is definitely toned down a bit. A bit more focused on some pink and marble and pretty presentation. What draws me to it is that I can picture myseld taking a fella (aka my dad) there and feeling confident that he isn't too overwhelmed by the estrogen. The presentation of their dishes is also spectacular and their coffee designs are super amazing! 

Photo taken from their Instagram
So cute, so gorgeous, so fetch. 

I am so excited to get to London (in TWO weeks) and begin trying all the places I have saved! If you have a review for any of these places or a reccomendation, comment below or slide into my DM's. Also, I have a giant food map of London with tons of places (some I've tried, some I haven't) that I am always happy to share :)

xoxo
Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts