Top 5 places I want to go in London when I'm out of Quarantine

I've been back in London for 12 days now, which means I am finally allowed out of Quarantine in two days! I was gone for almost five months, and even if I was here, lockdown would've definitely prohibited me from my foodie explorations -- SO I have a lot of catching up to do!

(For those of you not in the UK, London's COVID situation is no where near the levels of the States right now, so although mask and social distancing is required, eating out is allowed! And if you are in London, look at gov.uk's Eat Out to Help Out restaurant finder to discover those participating in the half priced food economy booster until the end of August!)

Here's my list of the top 5 place I'm looking forward to going to once I'm free! 

Dominique Ansel - London
I'm starting my list with Dom Ansel because, unfortunately, their gorgeous London location on Elizabeth street is closing at the end of the month. I'll definitely be going multiple times before we all have to say goodbye. The area around Dominique Ansel is stunning and perfect for wandering around and taking pics, which is always a plus, but the floral arch at Dom's entrance and the conservatory in the back are both beautiful touches that gives this cafe a girly ambiance. 

Most importantly the food though! The dessert case at Dominique Ansel is like a little slice of heaven. They have the most beautifully decorated pastries and treats and I will be so sad to the v. British corgi eclairs go. When I stop by I will be picking up eclairs, cronuts (August's flavour is milk chocolate banana and peanut butter!!!), macarons, and a cheeky choc chip cookie shot. The savoury brunch is also delicious, but my main priority is the sweets! 

Corgi Ecalir  

 

Chocolate milk banana peanut butter cronut 

Website: click here 
Closest Tube: Victoria 

Jikoni in Marlyebone
I heard about Jikoni on the Table Manners podcast, one of my faves, and immediately added it to my list. There's so many cool things about this Marlyebone restaurant! The cuisine is a fusion inspired by immigrant cultures so think Asian, African, and Middle-Eastern cuisine combined with a pop of British culture! The restaurant is veggie and vegan friendly and has a deliverable meal-box option which is great during these Corona times! They also do some community events too, which is amazing!

There's currently four boxes to choose from and my top faves are Crispy Caramel Cauliflower and Sticky Garlic Rice! Drool. 

I don't know what this is but I want it 


Website: click here
Closest Tube: Between Bond Street and Baker Street 

Jefferson's Ice Cream 
I discovered Jefferson's from another food blogger on Insta when she posted the caramel popcorn ice cream I feel in love immediately! The ice cream looks so luxurious and with the heatwave (that has hopefully passed) I have been craving ice cream so much! 

In addition to caramel popcorn, flavours include: honeycomb, cold pressed coffee, and coconut bounty bar! I think that the flavours are interesting and new, but not too crazy (one time I had goat cheese and blueberry ice cream in LA and I wanted to cry). They ~also~ have coffee, crepes, waffles, pastries, brunch, and other desserts! 

Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream  


Heaven 


Website: click here
Closest Tube: Balham

The Ivy Chelsea Garden 
I feel like I don't even need to talk about the Chelsea Ivy because it's so obviously the best. Great food, great drinks, the garden is amazing, and the front is always decorated so gorgeously! 

I can't wait for a late weekend brunch with pancakes, eggs benny, and a bottle of Whispering Angel!

 


The entrance changes seasonally 


Website: click here
Closest Tube: South Kensington and Sloane Square

The Chipping Forecast 
Last but not least, I have been missing fish and chips! I can get them in the states, but there's something about being in the UK that makes me smile. This chippy and the classiest, cutest chippy there ever was! They are a sustainable fish restaurant with their fish coming in from Cornwall! Plus, they do delivery!

Located just north of Notting Hill, too, this means you can explore, and then end with a fab meal! I will definitely be going for the classic fish and chips, but they also have non-fish alternatives, too, like burgers and halloumi! 

Can't wait for my fish and chips 


Website: click here
Closest Tube: Ladbroke Grove and Westbourne Park

All photos from the Restaurant's Instagram pages!

xoxo
Lisa



















Comments

  1. Hello Lisa. I am a Pastor from Mumbai India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privleged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your itnerest in loving others, travelling. Yes, there is a lot to see in London. I visited this place serveral years back. I am sure you will enjoy your tour to those different five places after your quarantine time is over. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged strengthend and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for llast 41yrs in this great city of Mumbai city with a great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poroest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time as well as visit places of tourist interest in Mumbai as well as in India such as one of the seven wonders of the world "Taj Mahal". I am sure you will have a life changng experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2020. My email id is: dhwankhede(ar)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts