Zonies

I've been on a bit of a hiatus lately because somehow my life got busy. I was traveling for Easter, then worked, the traveled, then life got in the way. So, I am finally back to share the true gems of Arizona with you!

I was in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area of AZ to visit some family and friends for the Easter weekend! My former college roommate and current bestie lives in Phoenix and we've been going to her house for Easter since our freshman year of college. Once I was back to the states, I knew I wanted to go see her for our Easter tradition. Plus, my grandma lives in AZ so I was happy to hit two birds with one stone (plane tickets are expensive and I am ~trying~ saving my money for Grad school.)

The first leg of my trip I was with my grandma hanging out with her poodle, doing normal grandma granddaughter things. My grandma is Italian so we always frequent a delicious Italian place in Scottsdale where she somehow knows everyone there. It's called Veneto Trattoria and lemme tell ya it's bomb. The clam and white wine sauce linguine is a classic we get every time, and they have a great wine selection and desserts, too!
Website HERE !

(Quick photoshoot at dinner with Grandma)

The second half of the trip was with my bestie, Kate, who grew up in Arizona. Every other Easter we had homework and finals to study for during our Easter break (shoutout to our Catholic-Jesuit University for giving us an Easter break) so this time around, not having anything to study for was amazing. We were able to do a lot of eating, tanning, and general relaxing -- it was fantastic!

(Bestie Kate at South Mountain)

One of the days, we decided to check-out the local mountains. Luckily, we were able to drive up and/or take very small walks to the mountains rather than actually hiking. Hikes are cool but sometimes it feels like it's a million degrees and you think to yourself, "nah, I'm good without a phat hike today."

We drove up the South Mountain Park and Reserve and were greeted by stunning views and a few prom goers taking prom pictures in their dresses. A fabulous experience.

(Hole in the Rock)

(The Hole from below!)

Then we raced down and drove immediately to Hole in the Rock in Scottsdale (right near the Botanical Gardens) for sunset. It was packed with people, but also DOGS! A really cool place to watch the pretty sunsets, and you can walk up the hill in flip-flops :)

In addition to the best company, good food, and pretty views, there are lots of cacti in AZ. Pictured below. They are very cute, even though they will prick you.


xoxo
Lisa



(sunset friend silhouette)

Comments

  1. Thanks for visiting!! I always love being with you! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts