Life update: work edition

Once again I will be sharing a life update in attempts to keep my friends and family updated on my life without having to separately text all 50 of them explaining to them the same thing. Just kidding y'all, I enjoy it. 

This weeks update is in my new job! Yay, I'm not unemployed and poor!!!!!!!! I am working at a hotel in the city centre as a waitress! Not just any waitress though, a show waitress. Simply put, the hotel hosts a dinner and a show every night on the bottom level where tourists can come watch traditional music being played and Irish dancers dancing. So, I've watched the Irish dance routine about 25 times now and know the words to Molly Malone and The Galway Girl like the back of the hand. 

My job is super fun though and I'm really enjoying it and my coworkers are amazing. Great craic and all that. The weird part is that I work nights. So I've been going to work around 5 pm, getting home at about midnight on the weekdays and at about 4 on the weekends. And then I sleep until 1. My schedule is completely out of whack and I'm still not used to it. I found myself unable to fall asleep last night and around 2:30 am I thought to myself "it's still early, why am I in bed?" I'm a night owl, though, so it works. 

(Not my work just a bad pic of Temple Bar on Paddy's Day at 3 am while I was almost literally sprinting to the bars)

While I have you all here, I might as well explain that St. Paddy's Day was grand, except that I worked from about noon until 2:30 am. So actually it was quite busy. But then I went out with my coworkers after and got home at about 9 am, so I was able to celebrate. 

(My walk to work on O'Connell Street before the parade where apparently Mark Hamill was walking around)

And, oddly enough, the last show on St. Paddy's day was completely booked out by a high school marching band from Denver who was playing in the parade! What a coincidence. The not great part was that everyone was super rude and none of the high schoolers tipped us!!!!!!!!!! This job has me realizing some not-so-wonderful things about tourists :/ word to the wise - please tip in Ireland. If you have good service tip, it's not an insult, it's actually insulting to not tip. Like you don't have tip your bartender every time he brings you a pint but like a littleeeeee something something when you leave the pub at the end of the night would be respectful. Also when a waitress is on her feet waiting on you hand and foot for four hours a night, a tip would be appreciated :))))))

Anywho rant over, I'm off to buy hangers and hopefully get my taxes sorted out. Happy Tuesday my loves. 
xoxo
Lisa

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts