10 Unique Quarantine Activities

Quarantine has proven to be an... interesting... time for everyone. With everything COVID related going on, I'm happy to contribute simply by staying home. I love a number of at-risk individuals, so if staying inside for a few months means saving them, then that is exactly what I will do! 

My family and I decided it would be best for me to quarantine at home in the States, rather than my flat in London, and although I was sad to say goodbye very suddenly, I am SO happy I came to my family home! I am with my parents, my dogs, AND I have an entire backyard, instead of my small balcony. Win-win-win for me. 

I don't want to be on this quarantine soapbox for long, but quarantine, for me, has proven to be a blessing in disguise because I have so much studying to do before my Master's exams... definitely studying I would not have gotten done if I were free to explore the UK at my leisure. For many though, quarantine is all about coming up with fun ways to past the time. 

So, instead of telling everyone how to get fit or do something mind-blowing during this time, I'm going to share my obscure activities that help me pass the time (always, not just during self-iso). As cool as being productive and getting super fit is, you are 100% allowed to veg out and do nothing if that's what you want to do! Do what makes your heart happy (as long as it doesn't put others at risk!!!!!!)

Unique Ideas to pass the time in Quarantine: 

1. Get on a real estate website and find your dream home in any destination of your choosing. I've been searching for seaside cottages in Scotland. Money isn't an option because you can't leave your house and go to these destinations anyways, so let's all just dream a bit.

2. Binge watch that Netflix movie/series that's been on your list for over a year. You know the one. For me it's The Crown and The King's Speech.

3. Binge listen to a new podcast! While you're listening you can stare at a wall (no shame), clean, workout, cook, bake, draw, take a bath... possibilities are endless. My favourite podcasts are @girlsgottaeatpodcast and @tablemannerspodcast.

4. Get lost in the depths of wikipedia. Have you ever been curious about the entire lineage of the royal family? Because I have and I spent at least two hours reading about the Kings and Queens. This is a perfect time to really up your trivia game. There's also a wikipedia game (?!) for the intense wikipedia lovers out there, like myself, the link is HERE !

5. Learn to make candles. Why not?

6. Temporarily dye your hair with a toner! Key word here is "temporarily" because if you won't be seeing anyone for the next few weeks, you can't be embarrassed, right? But if you botch a permanent ginger dye job and your hair goes green or something, then you're stuck until we're all out of quarantine :/ I put Overtone natural colour conditioner in my hair! I've used the espresso brown before and it gradually washes out after about two weeks, but I'm thinking of going risky black for quarantine because I love a good mix-up, but not with something as permanent as cutting my own bangs.

7. Watch videos on Instagram of nail technicians creating acrylic nails. It is completely mesmerising, slightly soothing, and you don't actually have to do anything other than watch. Maybe this is just a weird me thing, but my God I love it!

8. Organise something mundane that doesn't necessarily needs organising but would be kind of fun to go through. Now watch out, because this could potentially be a productive activity. Stick to things not very serious and small, like your condiments shelf or cheese drawer. Perhaps this is a tricky way, too, to feel put together when really you're just staring into your fridge, which I know we're all doing anyway.

9. Put panty-hose on your cat or dog. It's really funny, google it.

10. Literally whatever you want. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone (this includes going to see friends in corona times, but also includes murder). You want to count how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie centre of a tootsie pop? Yeah go for it. Learning tik tok dances makes you happy! Be my guest. Again, do whatever makes your heart happy right now :)


There you are my top ten obscure activities for Quarantine! Comment below your obscure quarantine activities.

xoxo
Lisa

-
This post was created as part of a series with Bloggers Inspired. For inspiration, head to:
Inspired in the City's Best Books to Read on Lifestyle and Career
Abeer Says' Keeping up with Your Quarantine Fitness
Somewhere over the Rainblog's How to Stay Productive During Lockdown



Comments

Popular Posts