Top Bars to try in London

I really love psychology, but tonight I decided to take a break from studying and talk to you all about something equally important in my life - BARS! Specifically, cute trendy bars, although I do love a good pub night.


It's been super easy for me to write a lot of posts on food because I'm one of those people that doesn't see the problem with going out and eating alone. Drinking alone though... not my first choice. If I'm going to get dressed up and go to a bar, there's a 98% chance I'll want to bring someone along. 1) safety, duh. 2) cute pics. 3) I'm too social and it sounds so not exciting to go to a bar and listen to a podcast or read a book.

Being that I'm so busy with grad school though, going out has actually become a bit harder for me. Quite upsetting and also a complete turn around from my life in Dublin (lol sry dad.) So, I've compiled a list of my top three bars I am most excited to try in London! The goal is to hit them all before I leave London to go home for Christmas...

Featuring:

1. DUO LONDON
Duo is a fairly new bar/restaurant/club in Camden with quintessential trendy theme! They have cute decor, fun cocktails, and a lot of cool, themed event! All of their instagram stories look like so much fun and they always have new events going on, so basically tis place will never get boring!

Insta: @duolondon

The cocktails are what originally enticed me about this place. They are over the top and look so fun! A lot of their cocktails feature candy floss on top, perfect for your sweet tooth and your insta. Plus, they have an entire section on their cocktail menu called "for the gram" -- amazing cocktails that are cute and fun and funky enough to bless your squares. The one that initially caught my eye was the gram cocktails with celebrity "face mask" basically a print on top of your cocktail of whatever special celebrity they have going at the moment! Cocktail making is truly an art-form.

Other celebrity features have included: Drake, The Kardashian/Jenners, the Mean Girls, Will Smith, and Rihanna! 

The events at Duo include things like special brunches, themed tea (Mean Girls tea was a recent one), holiday club nights, and bingo! The events have a ticket price to them, but I'd say it's so worth it for the ambiance, food/drink, and fun! I'm so excited not only to try this place, but to book a place for a fun event, soon!

Mean Girls Brunch + candy floss cocktail + cute decor

Nearest Tube Station: Camden Town (Northern Line)

2. PERGOLA
I've heard fab things about Pergola and from the times I've passed by it's Olympia venue, it looked fab, too! What I like about Pergola is the beer garden kind of ambiance, and the super open plan! It seems perfect for a birthday or a big together. Although it seems so nice to go in the warm months, I bet it's just as fun during the winter, too.


I have just recently learned that you make a booking for your party. Usually I just showing up places, but with the booking, you have a planned group of friends and a planned time, so that takes the hassle out of showing up out of the blue, and also sets drinks with friends in stone, which I also like. They do take walk-ins as well, but the organisation of it all really appeals to me.

Cute decor, yummy drinks. My favourite kind of place.

This is one of those places with a main bar and then smaller eateries on the skirts. I love this concept for bars because then there's a variety in what you eat and everyone can try different things! Pergola also has two locations, Paddington and Olympia, so if one is booked, you may get lucky at the other! They have a pretty simple drink menu and one thing I love is the make your own G&T. You get to choose your tonic and garnish which is so fun and then you add a variety to your G&T's throughout your night, too!

G&T + food = heaven 

Nearest Tube Station to Pergola Paddington: Paddington (Circle Line)
Nearest Tube Station to Pergola Olympia: Kensington Olympia (Overground) (District Line when open)

3. GIRLFRIEND
If you haven't been able to tell, I love girly and trendy things. Girlfriends is a very new bar that is the epitome of girly -- I mean it's called Girlfriend. They have just open (like literally JUST, the website is still new) and I am very eager to give them a try!

Love a cheeky girl with the pearl earring 

I would personally best describe the location as right in the middle of the triangle, if the triangle encompasses Clapham Common, Wandsworth Common, and Battersea. AKA, a great location in that fun, newer area of town! To describe the vibe in three phrases, I would use: pink, velvet, and Classic with a twist. Classic because they have chic taste, but a twist because they have fun art! Plus, there is obviously a fabulous feminist vibe throughout even nook and cranny. Even some of the cocktails are named after fab historical figures! Honestly paradise.

FRIDA KAHLO SHOTS! How can you not be obsessed with this place? (Strawberry, tequila, rosewater, condensed milk -- sounds wild, but I am obviously willing to try.) (Also Def would've gone with Frida Kahl(o)ua shots, but that's just me.)

Basically, when I look at this place, I see lots of women's empowerment and I already love it. They also have fun events for holidays, which I love, and a gorgeous trendy Instagram topped with movie quotes! I think maybe I should just live here.


Nearest Tube Station: Clapham Common (Northern Line) + Clapham Junction Overground

I am so excited to try all of these bars, so now all I have to do is focus on school for a sec, then force all my friends to waster their money with me. Please leave other bar recs in the comments or slide into my DM's. Also, if you have a hot brother or cousin, feel free to set them up with me.

xoxo
Lisa

(All pics are from respective Bars Instagram accounts, because, ya know, I haven't been there yet.)

Comments

Popular Posts