Weekly Foodie Round Up -6-

This week I have a bunch of fun places for all you foodies to go out and try! I had a busy weekend with two friend dates and a visit from my Aunt! I'm going to highlight all the food/drink I tried this weekend. This week Lisa in London (me) went to: Market Hall Fulham, Shoreditch Grind, Boxpark, and the Cereal Killer Cafe.

(Shoreditch Grind)

MARKET HALL FULHAM
This food hall is absolutely amazing for a bunch of reasons! First of all, it's in an old train station, so it's big and the ceilings are high. A really cool space that also offers workouts in their upstairs and has weekly/monthly activities (like crafts or parties, etc.) Plus, Fulham is a nice area with a lot of other eateries and bars/pubs nearby. 

Butchie's Website

The food portion consists of multiple food stalls, so there's a huge selection of food! Perfect for large groups, picky eaters, or dates! You sit at the the tables in the middle of the hall (there's a master menu with all the stalls' food) then order at a stall and get a buzzer for when you're food is ready. They have chicken, BBQ, Pizza, Poke, Kebabs, coffee, and churros! I went on a Friday night, but they have a brunch, too! When I went, it was definitely busy, but we were still able to find a table! The atmosphere was great and very lively and they eventually brought out a DJ at about 8 pm. I had a Butchie's fried chicken burger with cheese and it was SO good. I would compare it to Chick-fil-a but more sustainable and gourmet and fried! The ladies next to me had pizza and it smelled amazing, so that's my next stop when I go back! 

Market Hall Website 

Another cool thing about Market Hall Fulham is that the have two bars inside, too, in addition to the restaurant stalls. It's nice having the mix of half pub half restaurant intertwined into one. The service at the bar is also pretty fast, and they have their own specialty cocktails! Pictured in the Fulham spritz, absolutely delicious and I had never had a spritz before then! 

SHOREDITCH GRIND
I had been to a few of the Grind locations before, but I had walked by this one multiple times (it's very close to the Old Street tube station, and looks very cool) but had never gone in. A friend and I went exploring in Shoreditch and I knew it'd be the perfect opportunity to get some brunch, check it out, then walk around the area and find art! 

Grind Website
Insta: @grind

I loooove the neon signs at Grind, it's honestly half to the reason I go. They are always so sassy and speak to my soul. But, in general the atmosphere is very chilled, chic coffee shop vibes. The marble table tops and abundance of dogs doesn't hurt either.

Also, check out Grind's other locations, including the Liverpool street restaurant that has recently opened! They have bottomless! Some locations are cafes, and others are full-blown restaurants, so Google beforehand! 

I got a chai and my friend got tea. The norm. For brunch I got halloumi eggs florentine and my friend got scrambled eggs and toast. I loved my halloumi and eggs, but honestly the spinach was just not my vibe. In general though, I don't love spinach, so it's not Grind's fault. I just wanted the halloumi. The scrambled eggs and toast were a surprisingly large portion for a fraction of the cost of my dish! So I'd say Grind is perfect for those who are in between balling out and budgeting. 

BOXPARK
After I had my brunch at Grind, we set out to explore. Shoreditch is full of cool, funky, unique places, so we wanted to find a funky bar/brunch bottomless kind of thing. We ran into Boxpark (very large establishment) and knew we had to check it out. Similar to Market Hall, this place is a like a big communal food stall eatery. Boxpark, though, is mainly outdoors (or in windowed areas) and is very, very large. There's about four different sections all with seating, food, and a bar.

I think Boxpark is made of those train box things...

The decor here is fun too. Lots of patterns, flowery things, and the windows provide a cool scene of the streets below. Underneath are a bunch of shops and more foodie places, too. So really there's everything you could ever want.

The downstairs shops etc. 

The bartenders were nice enough to make us mimosas, because we asked nicely, but they have beer, wine, hard liquor, the whole nine-yards. I would love to go back at night time and see what the vibe is like at night!

Boxpark Website
Insta: @boxpark
2 other locations in Croydon and Wembley, too!

CEREAL KILLER CAFE 
This cafe is like all of your wildest 90's dreams come true, but on steroids. In a good way. Super well-known because 1) the name is hilarious and 2) it's a cafe dedicated to CEREAL! First off, let me talk about decor. You walk in and there are cereal boxes everywhere. Limited edition cereal from 1998 that you forgot existed? They have it, they probably got the box off eBay. But also, they have 90's paraphernalia everywhere! Remember those ancient grey gameboys? They have one. Simpsons stuff from when it first started? Bingo. VCR tapes? Your bill will come in one. BEANIE. BABIES? They have a whole wall. Truly remarkable and nostalgic decor, and to top it all off, they have twin beds as seats in the back room.

Cereal Killer Cafe Website

Onto the food. I was so skeptical reading the menu here because I assumed you would pick a cereal, pick a milk, pick a topping maybe. I was wrong. While picking a yummy cereal concoction is totally an option, they also offer cereal breaded chicken strips, mac n cheese bites, mozzarella sticks, etc. I thought, "no definitely not" but my friend ordered the fruity pebbles chicken strips and I ate them. And I enjoyed it. I didn't want to but I did. It was like if you marinated chicken in a mango sauce then breaded it, totally chill. The not chill aspect was the "spicy bubblegum" galaxy (bright blue) sauce. Our waiter recommended it and it was the only condiment I have ever tasted that I wanted to spit out. If you're into weird combos though, go for it.

Fruity pebbles fried chicken
and
spicy bubblegum galaxy sauce

Finally, the drinks. Cereal Killer has cereal milkshakes that have more than your daily amount of calories in them but also cocktails! We didn't try the milkshakes but they did look very indulgent. We did however get the Cereal Milk-Tini! There are three options for your "Cereal milk" : cocoa pops, frosted flakes, and cinnamon. We went for the cocoa pops and frosted flakes. Similarly to the chicken, I was expecting to spit it out but actually I LOVED my frosted flake milk-tini. I was fine with the chicken, but I loved the cereal cocktail and will actively be trying to make it at home. It had kahlua, vodka, and cereal milk, and it tasted like the most delicious, yet still alcoholic, creamy and refreshing beverage I have ever had! Sweet, but not too sweet. Alcoholic, but not too alcoholic. It's honestly on par with an espresso martini for me. I will def go back just for the cocktails. 

Cocoa pops on the top, Frosted Flakes on the bottom. Gorgeous cereal garnish. 

Thanks for reading this weeks food post! School is starting to get busier, so I'm hoping to get a few more blogs written, and maybe an update or two, and then I may slow down for a bit and focus more on the blogstagram. BUT I also have some cool blogging opportunities coming up, so pray I utilise my fab time-management skills and can keep writing to you all! 

As always, comment below, slide into my DMs, follow me on Insta. 

xoxo
Lisa










Comments

Popular Posts