Weekly Foodie Round Up -5-

Hi, Foodies! I am super excited to share this week's foodie finds with you because they are both so yummy and so cute! During the weeks, I'm busy with school so I mostly cook at home. During my weekend though, getting food with friends is my favourite way to relax! Today's foodie round up will be about Granger & Co. and The B&H Garden Rooms above the Assembly hotel!

GRANGER & CO.
This foodie find is a super popular brunch spot with locations all around London! I've had multiple people suggest I go there, and have seen them featured on lots of instagrams! I went for brunch with my flat mate on a Friday because we were craving a mixture of sweet/savoury brunch and wanted the "normal" brunch stuff, rather than a trendy, funky food place. It's suggested to make a res on the weekend because it gets so busy. We arrived on Friday mid-morning and it was already busy! A line out the door! But service was super fast and we didn't have to wait more than ten minutes.

(Ricotta hotcakes)

We went to the Sloane Square location which is down a mews street, so very cute, lined with lights and fun, boujee shops. The decor is amazing and they actually have a lot of different areas of the restaurant, despite it looking so small. We sat in the upstairs area, which we were very happy about because the lighting was much brighter (floor to ceiling windows.) The tables were a pretty blush marble and there was funky abstract artwork and patterned pillows on the booths. The aesthetic is both chic simple and eclectic, somehow all at the same time.

(Funky and Fun)

(I always feel self-conscious taking pics if you didn't know)

Onto the food, the best part. While Granger & Co. is a bit on the pricier side, their portions are a good size, so it all works out. I got a tea and my flatmate got a chai, both were delicious, nothing too extreme except the chai latte came in a tea pot with the hot milk and chia seeping. An interesting concept that was kinda funky, I enjoyed the inventive idea. For food I had the potato and feta rosti with smoked salmon and poached egg. It was so delicious and perfect combo of my favourite food (potatoes) and one of my favourite breakfast items (poached eggs). There were a lot of flavours from the spices in the rosti and a few different sauces and dill oil added in, too. Everything came together very nicely and I was very full before my plate was even cleaned.

(tea and chai)

My flatmate had the ricotta hotcakes with banana and honeycomb butter (pictured first). While I loved my dish, her hotcakes were so exceptional I think I'll definitely have to get them the next time I go. The ricotta in the hotcakes gave them a perfect balance of sweet and possibly savoury, but added with the butter, fruit, and syrup, it was decadent and delicious. What's nice is that I could see myself making these and having one sweet hotcake with fruit and one savoury hotcake with bacon or cheese, the perfect balance for someone like me who never knows which taste to go with. She also got strawberries added on (for an extra 3 pounds to our surprise...) but I'm personally more a banana pancake fan, myself. Thanks Jack Johnson.

(rosti, salmon, poached egg - YUM)

(Granger & Co. Website
Insta: @grangerandco )

Overall the food was so decadent and definitely the focus of the visit. Their interior is definitely up my insta blogger alley, as well, but I think I was too hungry to pay as much attention as I usually do. That's just the life of a girl who is constantly hungry I suppose.

GARDEN ROOMS
The B&H Garden Rooms are a rooftop bar/restaurant on top of the Assembly hotel near Leicester Square. The B&H stands for Bourne & Hollingworth apparently. Being right in the city centre, you can imagine the views from this rooftop are incredible! You can see the Eye, the Shard, the building that might be the Walkie Talkie tower but I'm never completely sure. Definitely worth a visit for the views alone!

(The VIEW including a RAINBOW!
Website here
Insta: @assemblyhotels - Garden Room doesn't have insta)

I had never heard of Garden Rooms before so I was pleasantly surprised when my friend made us a reservation. The name "Garden Rooms" is true to heart as the entire place is covered in plants and a refreshing green aesthetic. The plant hangers above the bar are really cool addition and make the bar feel cozy. Plus, there is an outside area -- not with seating, but with a large planter full of succulents. A gorgeous area to look at the skyline!

(Right next to those women in the back was the door to the patio. The view from the above photo was directly to my right)

The food here is a bit pricier (as most trendy places are) but totally worth it for a night you wanna glam it up and splurge a bit. My friend and I split a cheese plate, bread, the chicken schnitzel, and sweet potato fries! All were super delicious, and splitting was a perfect scheme as we both wanted a bit of everything and to save a bit (so we could spend more money on our drinks, LOL.) The main course, the chicken schnitzel, was amazing! I love when meat is breaded so I'm very happy we went with this decision. It's moist but also has a crunch from the schnitzelling (?) so it's a fabulous and delicious party in your mouth! Plus, it has a super yummy corn side served with it that reminds me of my mom's best friends corn casserole at thanksgiving! I would love to go back to have this dish again!

(Fab setup and you can see a bit of the bar in the background) 

Onto the drinks, the most important part. Are we running a travel blog, a food blog, or a drinks blog? Who knows at this point. There alcohol wasn't priced too terribly depending on what you got, most specialty cocktails were around 11 pounds. I stuck to rose because it 7 pounds a glass and I knew I'd switch to cocktails later on that night. My friend had a spritz which she loved! The big kicker here was our dessert! An espresso martini affogato! I LOVE an espresso martini so having an espresso martini, which is already so delicious and desserts, with the cream was divine! I would absolutely be willing to go to the Garden Room just to sit at the bar and indulge in one.

(Somehow I had NO pics of food or drink, so here's another pic of the view, this time at night)

Some other notable things to mention. They offer a theatre menu, which is great for the theatre goers because you're literally in central west-end. They also offer breakfast, brunch, lunch, and a fun festive menu for Christmas (book in advanced)! Also, the toilets are so cool! If you follow me on Insta you know I love a good trendy toilet. I have a whole hashtag and story highlight dedicated to them. The toilets here were definitely trendy! Two funky wallpapers, tiles, and sleek sinks, what more could you ask more?!
(bathroom entrance/gents (they're mixed))

(ladies toilet!)

I have a lot of other rooftops to try, but Garden Rooms definitely made a great first impression!

(a pic of me in mediocre lighting - also yay I'm making friends!) 

Thanks for reading everyone, I hope you had a great week and your weekend is full of good food.

xoxo
Lisa












Comments

Popular Posts