Favourite Places Around London

I thought I would spring a surprise non-food blog on you all today. Technically, I suppose, I am trying to run a lifestyle blog, it's just so hard when all I ever want to do is eat. So, hence, the blog not about food! That being said, I'm excited for this post because there are tons of areas around London that I love to get lost in. I don't need to eat or buy anything, sometimes I just love to wander. Here is my list (so far) of my favourite places around London.

Selfie in Shoreditch 

1. Notting Hill
I have loved this neighbourhood for ages and have frequented the cute spot during most of my trips in the past. It has coloured homes, quiet streets, mews, shops full of bits and bobs, lots of famous places, great food, a market, AND an entire movie dedicated to it (kind of.) It's a great place to bring visitors because there's so much going on, but sometimes it's nice just to meandering around and observe all the cute homes and cafes.

Notting Hill 

2. Covent Garden / Neal's Yard
A truly iconic area of London, this city centre gem offers a cool market, tons of food, and tons of shopping. There is no garden in Covent Garden, but there is a restored market with a mix of stalls, sweets shops, restaurants, and bars. If you head up the road from the square, there is TONS of shopping.

My favourite boutique featuring all female-owned brands, Creoate!


Neal Street


Redemption Bar in Neal's Yard

If you make your way north enough you'll hit Seven Dials which has their own food market and is the home of Neal's Yard, a hidden little gem squished between buildings with yummy restaurants, coffee, and fun coloured buildings. 

Neal's Yard has the cutest fridge magnetic set-up that anyone can make poems on!

3. Shoreditch 
I've only just started exploring this area but they have so much going on! Lots of cool bars (ping pong bars, and ball pit bars, box car bars, etc.) and a cool art scene definitely attracts a younger funky crowd. Close by is Spitalfields market and Bricklane.

The best street art!

Shoreditch is a bit more urban than other places in London, so it's has a different vibe, which is definitely nice sometimes.


4. Victoria / Belgravia
Similar to Notting Hill, this area is so cute. However, where Notting Hill is maybe a funkier, more antiquey borough, Victoria is very affluent. You'll probably see exclusively BMW's and Mercedes. Affluent notions aside though, this neighbourhood is quaint, quiet, and cute. Plus, it's nice because it's near the train station (easy access) and Buckingham Palace. I love to stroll around here because it feels very quintessential London-y, rather than a big tourist spot.

Flower shop also on Elizabeth Street 

Peggy Porschen on Elizabeth Street


5. Thames
Walking along the Thames is so nice because you get incredible views of the city. Closer to Westminster you can see the Eye and Big Ben (although he's currently surrounded by scaffolding) and to the east you'll hit the Shard and London Bridge. I can't wait for nice weather so I can take a nice long stroll on the Thames. I also love all the bridges, I don't know why. Some are very architecturally cool, and none are the same, so maybe that's why. An added bonus of the Thames, Southbank has tons of fun food stalls and during Christmas they have a market/beer garden! Win-win in my book.
Selfie courtesy of my Aunt 
This was right near the Westminster Tube station 

6. National Gallery
I love art museums! Am I an artist? No! But that doesn't matter! The National Gallery is located in front of Trafalgar Square so it's right in the middle of the city, super easy to get to, and provides great entertainment, seats to relax the dogs (legs), and free wifi. Perfect spot to take a rest if you're out and about, but because it's free entry, it's an easy activity to do. Also it's indoors, so rainy weather doesn't matter. PLUS, obviously, they have a gorgeous collection of art and a bunch of exhibit events throughout the year.


I hope you enjoyed this non-food blog. I think I may begin to start making more "guides" to London boroughs. Perhaps a guide for the key Insta elements in each area. I love to be a basic bitch.

xoxo
Lisa













Comments

Popular Posts