Weekly Foodie Round Up -3-

Hello, foodies! I had a busy last week traveling to Ireland, coming home (home being London), seeing friends, hosting a housewarming party, and starting my orientation for graduate school! That being said, I have minimal pics this week, but three delicious Foodie Spots, nonetheless!

This week's blog will feature:
Phat Phuc
Redemption Bar Covent Garden
Comptoir Libanais

1: PHAT PHUC NOODLE BAR
Located in chic Chelsea, this noodle bar is open just for lunch, and offers all outdoor seating. It is less of a restaurant and more of a permanent food truck. Offering up Vietnamese pho, rice, noodle, laksa, and starter dishes, this place is probably going to be my go-to comfort food! I'm already obsessed with Asian food, but this place really knows how to mix flavors. I had the prawn Laksa (because I heard some guy talking about how they are 'known for it' in the line) and it was the perfect combo of spicy and coconutty! I also had the deep-fried vegetable spring rolls, which basically is a really yummy egg roll! I would definitely get the laksa again, but I think next time I'll take a risk and try the duck pancakes as my starter!

Prawn Laksa

So basically, this place has great prices, amazing food, fab portions, and the name is hilarious. The name actually translates to Happy Buddha, but I like both of the names for completely separate reasons. The area around Phat Phuc is also really nice with lots of shops and bakeries, so it's nice to walk around and window shop after a huge meal.

2: REDEMPTION BAR COVENT GARDEN
The first time I went to Redemption Bar was with my mom! I think we took pictures at the angel wings in Shoreditch, but then actually ate at the Notting Hill location (completely necessary when there are so many cute places in London.) This place is actually a healthy vegan GF place, but is superrrrr delicious and offers funky coffees and juices. The Covent Garden location is new and as cute as can be with their pink/sparkly facade and a back patio in Neal's Yard!

Matcha Latte

I treated myself to a matcha coffee and banoffee pie on this visit! Both were excellent and decorated with the cutest flowers (that I would not recommend eating.) Apart from the yumminess, the atmosphere here is so aesthetically pleasing! Velvet chairs, marble, succulents, that kind of vibe.

Banoffee!!! (vegan banoffee, in fact.)

3. COMPTOIR LIBANAIS
I went to this Lebanese place with my flatmate and one of her friends and we were very, very happy with our decision! First of all, the atmosphere is 10/10. We went to the location in South Kensington near the museums, and they had outdoor seating that kind of makes you feel like you're in Paris. Then inside, the atmosphere completely changes and there are 50 different tile patterns, a million light fixtures, a giant mural, etc.etc. There's just tons of decor that should be cluttered but all works so perfectly.

Yeah so I have no pics except this screenshot of the interior from my London food Highlight on Insta. 

Onto the food, they have Lebanese food so like baklawa and falafel - that kind of thing. I had the aubergine tagine and I ate every single bite even though it was technically my second dinner. That's how yummy it was. I was torn between that dish, the falafel wrap, and allllll of the meat dishes. Basically, the whole menu looked delicious. I would definitely recommend if you like Middle-Eastern food!

Thanks for reading this week's foodie round up. I promise my life doesn't consist of just stuffing my face 24/7. Comment below if you love me.

xoxo
Lisa



Comments

Popular Posts