Weekly Foodie Blog -4-

So, I was just on Instagram and someone I know posted one of those inspirational quotes that said "make your passion your paycheck." I thought huh, kind of hard to make eating food your paycheck, and then I remembered I'm trying to run a (mostly, at this point) food blog.... and here we are, reminded that I should probably write a blog post.

Anyways, welcome back. I missed you all (all 9 of you) this last week. Before I started classes and realized how badly I need to start saving money, I tried some YUMMY food! This post, I'll be rambling about Kalifornia Kitchen and Two Floors. Completely different ends of the spectrum, one is a plant-based restaurant, the other is a bar. Balance, babes, balance.

( Kalifornia Kitchen )

1 - KALIFORNIA KITCHEN
This is a fairly new restaurant located between Tottenham Court Road and Goodge Street tube stations. Kalifornia Kitchen is completely plant-based so no meat on the menu and most things are vegan as well. A big 180 from what I usually eat, but I wanted to check this place out because I'm getting more into sustainable eating (my flatmate is a vegetarian climate business student) and because the interior is so friggin cute.

( Kalifornia Kitchen Website )

Let's get into the food. KK offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner and each meal has a ton of different options, which is so nice when you're not quite sure what you're in the mood for. Some quick examples, they have granola bowls, pancakes, tacos, burgers, chicken, curry, and a bunch of sides! Keep in mind... when I say burgers and chicken, it's still plant-based, so not actual meat. They also have a ton of smoothies, juices, and speciality coffee (think CBD and blue spurlina coffees.)

( I didn't try any drinks, but I'd love to try the Alkalise Smoothie the next time I go! It has cucumber, avo, mango, dates, and spinach. )

I had the Klassic Kalifornia Burger which is a moving mountain B12 burger with vegan gouda. Basically, my burger was made of plant protein and mushrooms, and it was GOOD! Obviously, it doesn't taste exactly like a normal beef burger but it does taste really yummy, especially with the pretzel bread bun! I had chips for a side and they were also delicious! Normal chips with some nice tangy seasoning, almost like the peri peri at Nando's. Overall, the plant-based burger exceeded my expectations! I think I would definitely be willing to transition more towards a plant-based diet now that I know there are super yummy options available to me.

( Moving Mountains Website 

( Homemade ketchup and vegan mayo on the side! )

Onto the interior! I was initially attracted to KK because of the gorgeous interior! Pink everywhere! An insta dream come true! They have pink walls, neon signs, a spiral staircase, other cute sayings painted on the walls, and a nice palm tree vibe going on. The restaurant is spread across two levels, too, so there is plenty of space. I enjoyed how some of the table face the bar area and others are located more towards the back for a more intimate quiet vibe.

( Insta: @kaliforniakitchen )


I will definitely be back to Kalifornia Kitchen, not only for the insta pics, but for the healthy, delicious, and enviro friendly meals, too!


2 - TWO FLOORS
Let's transition into my new favorite bar! London is a big city. It is expensive, as most big cities are. Sometimes you go out and spend 14 pounds on a cocktail, sometimes you discover a city centre bar with cocktail under 10 pounds and you want to cry you're so happy. Two Floor is the later!

I went to Two Floors with a new friend last weekend, and when we went to pay I genuinely thought they had forgotten to add both our drinks. My friend got a Negroni and I got a G&T. We spent 14 pounds. FOURTEEN!? This place was busy, but with prices like that, I'm surprised it's not packed to the brim.

It's location is also stellar, right off from Kingly Court on Carnaby Street, so right in Soho with tons of other food and bars around. The atmosphere was pretty chilled on the first floor. Loud music but a pretty straightforward bar with a large patio area, too, which is fab! Ironically, I did not visit the second floor, I'm guessing it's more poppy with some dancing. I'll check it out next time I go because I will definitely be going back with those drink prices!

Thanks for reading this week's blog! Lemme know if you enjoy eating plant-based "meat" in the comments!

xoxo
Lisa








Comments

Popular Posts