London Brunch Fest!

Hello, hello my little brunch bitches. By this point, I think we've established that I am the epitomy of a millennial female with a lifestyle/food blog. So, it shouldn't be surprising that I attended the London Brunch Fest last weekend! A two-day festival with brunch stalls, coffee, a marketplace, workshops, and discussions from everyone's fave brunch spot founders.



I didn't have the date saved on this one because I've been so busy moving into my new flat. I came across the @londonbrunchfest insta story and realized I had missed the first day, but tickets were still available for the next day! I hopped on the opportunity and I am SO glad, I watched their story in time to attend because the event was brilliantly executed and so much fun! Even by myself. As I am new to the city, I do not have a gaggle of trendy friends (yet) so I decided to be in independent and go on my own! Quite frankly, I am also pretty proud of myself for getting out of my comfort zone in so many ways so quickly after arriving in London. But, anyways, let's get to the deets on the fest. 

( A stranger took this pic :)

First things first, when I walked in received a program/menu of sorts (below) and discovered that a discussion with two of the head honchos from EL&N had just started! So I bypassed the marketplace and quickly found the stage so I could listen to them talk about the design at the cafe, how it started, the process for opening a cafe, and, most importantly, the amazing relationships and bond their team had! It was super insightful to the business practice behind "London's most Instagrammable Cafe" and very useful if I ever find myself trying to open my own cafe (let's get through grad school first though.)
(The menu portion of the program listing the brunch stalls serving meals + the brunch fest exclusive dishes!)

I was a tad starving after the talk so I made my way over to the food stalls. I knew I wanted to try one of the brunch fest exclusive dishes, because I knew I'd never have the opportunity again, but the question was which one?! I decided on the one that looked most delicious and filling, and that just so happens to be the avocado brunch spot Avobar! Classic white girl. BUT, I got the avo boat with cured salmon and WOW was it yummy! I definitely have to check out Avobar on it's own now.

( ~exclusive~ dish from Avobar )

 ( The line to Avobar )


The other brunch stall vendors were: Brother Marcus, Waffle On, The Farmer's Mistress, Park's Edge Bar and Kitchen, Brickwood, The Espresso Rooms, and Le Swine (which had it's entire room because the bacon smoke was so overpowering!) I have since added all of these places to my foodie list and cant wait to try them all.

( The Espresso Rooms )

After my snacking session I headed to the marketplace where I was able to meet some people, try free samples, and buy some goodies! My favorite stalls were the Little's coffee, the LAPP cart, Sweet Revolution, and the Sabella cart! Little's coffee in instant coffee infused with flavors! I got the hazelnut and I looove it, but I also tried the coconut and that was yummy, too! 

( Little's)

The LAPP cart offered alcoholic (and non-alc) ice lollies! So basically it's a fun, summery, ice cream, alcoholic treat! 

( I had the Mojito, but there some lovely other options as well )

Sweet Revolution offers all kinds of not coffee, coffee alternatives like: beet, mushroom, matcha, etc. I tried the beet version and I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it! 

( Beets by Sweet Revolution )

Sabella wasn't selling any product, but they were sampling their sparkling white wine, which is available at whole foods, and my oh my was it delicious! Kind of like if a glass of Pinot Grigio and white claw had a baby? 

( Hitting up Whole Foods ASAP )

This event was so much fun and I can't wait to attend next year! They have so many cool offers, workshops, and you can meet lots of incredible people! I was able to meet Poppy, the founder of The Munch Brunch Kids (and author of the Little London Brunch Book) and I was fabulously starstruck! 

( Routes Coffee )

I hope you're inspired to attend next year and check out all the yummy brunch places and brands mentioned in the meantime! 

( Look how stinkin cute it is )


xoxo
Lisa 






















Comments

Popular Posts