Favorite Places in Colorado

For those of you who don't know, I grew up in Colorado. Although I'm constantly jetting off, and would never want to live here permanently (not a fan of the altitude), it will always be home. Here are a few of my favorite places to visit in Colorado!

Home :)

Palmer Lake
Palmer Lake is teeny tiny little community nestled up under the mountains. They have a little lake with a fountain in the middle that you can paddle-board and kayak in! I think it's so much fun and so perfect for summer days in a land-locked state. Plus, there are tons of delicious eateries in the tiny community. Rock House Ice Cream, La Rosa Mexican, and Speedtrap cafe to name a few! There's a lot of charm here for being such a little place! Cute houses and fab hikes close-by, too!

Palmer Lake Sunset!

Manitou Springs
This funky community has lived a wild life, first being a skiing community full of motels, switching to a more hippy town (there's a Wicken community here), and finally, a Mary-Jane mecca outside of the Colorado Springs city limits! Quite the transformation, but also a fun time. There's fun shops, an outdoor arcade, summer concerts, delicious treats, and cool art installations throughout this tiny place. The main street is really popular with tourists, but rightfully so. The Colorado Incline hike is also close by, if that's your sort of thing. I did it once in an hour and a half (my brother did it in 45 minutes and came halfway back down to get me :/ .) There's a coffee shop on a corner that people think is run by a cult (fun!), quirky characters everywhere you look, and natural springs of water that taste like sulfur! There are too many cool, unique things about this place to write! Added bonus: very close to Garden of the Gods.

(This is not Manitou because I don't have any good pics, so here's some flowers.)

Breckenridge
My favorite of all the mountain towns in the Rocky Mountains, not because of the skiing (which I don't) but because of the cute downtown full of food and boutiques! It's fun in winter and summer, with cool activities year-round. I absolutely love going here for Thanksgiving! For no particular reason, other than there are heavy fall vibes. Some of my personal faves: any boutique that tickles your fancy, the Crepe Cart, Downstairs at Eric's, and the Christmas store.

(Somewhere above Breckenridge, because I lost all my pics from the last time I was there.)

Maroon bells
Technically in Aspen/Snowmass, the Maroon Bells are the most photogenic mountains in Colorado! Absolutely stunning at sunrise and so worth the trip! Aspen, as a whole, is very fun and swanky! It's like an upscale Breck on steroids. I think Mariah Carey goes here for Christmas, to put it in perspective. I've only been here once for reasons I think are obvious (I'm a student who can already barely afford the lifestyle I am attempting to live.) But overall, another fab mountains town with plenty of gorgeous activities!

(Maroon Bells at Sunrise)
(Me: the real star)

I thought this blog appropriate as I'm about to leave in four days to begin my UK adventure! Already can't wait to come home for Christmas!

xoxo
Lisa





Comments

  1. Dude, you've been to Aspen twice. We went when you were in 2nd grade. You looked for movie stars the whole time

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts