Portugese Adventures

It has been very long (four months) since I visited Faro, Portugal. I've been just a tad busy since then, but, based on the number of photos I took, I started to convince myself a blog post was in order. This was my first solo-trip, however, I already wrote about that here, so to spare you details, we (I) will discuss (tell you) about my adventure in Portugal!



I visited the small fishing town of Faro on the South coast. Absolutely stunning in the summer, I hear, but I was there in the winter and opted out of the beach trips because I was unwilling to go near the very cold water. What I did do was explore the gorgeous little town and take pictures of allllllll the photogenic buildings. Everywhere you go is a tiny little picturesque alley and window and door and tile, etc. etc.


Also, I ate a TON. The seafood was delicious so obviously, I hoped on that, the alcohol was cheap, and there were lots of natural/healthy food places. I was in food heaven (kind of except for the lack of In n Out and Taco Bell).


I enjoyed sitting in the sun and reading, something I was unable to do in Dublin because it was freezing cold and I'm a little bitch, and journaling about reflections on living abroad and moving home (hella therapeutic).


I would absolutely LOVE to go back to Portugal during the summer and explore the coast and beautiful beaches, as well as check out Lisbon. But for now, I will tell you about the Matradee I became acquainted with. I don't know his name but I do know he invited me to watch a soccer game with his fellow old men. I thought it would be out of a movie: the solo-traveler befriending the old men. I was wrong he told me about his DUI! I sure know how to pick em. The next day, he spotted me reading on a bench. He invited me to go day drinking on a Wednesday even though he had work later. I politely declined. He told me he didn't understand why I enjoyed reading. I never saw him again.
(Also, let me tell ya, this cathedral has skulls and bones of past monks inside and was one of the things I was hyped to see but it was UNDER CONSTRUCTION, so I have to go back one day.)

See you again, Portugal.

xoxo,
Lisa








Comments

Popular Posts