The Last Supper (Blog Update)

Hello, everyone. Welcome to the final update of my time in Ireland.

As you hopefully know, I've been living in Dublin, Ireland for the past year on a Working Holiday Visa. My visa began the first week in February. If you put two and two together, that means that, yes, my time in Ireland is just about up.

I'll be moving back to Colorado at the very end of January, right before my visa expires. My heart is in bits, but that's showbiz, baby.

Once I'm back, I'll stay in Colorado for a bit, hang out with my dogs, and get a job. No, I do not know where I am going to a job.

THEN, I get to patiently wait to find out if I got accepted into graduate school. So fun.... I love waiting. I applied to school in Ireland and England, so, if I'm accepted (and decide to go), I'll be back in Europe for the 2019 school year.

If I decide not to go to grad school.... I have absolutely no idea what I will be doing with my life. I did decide, however, that I would move out of Colorado. Where? Still no idea. What will I do? NO IDEA. Get a job doing something, somewhere. That's the only answer I have.

But on to happier things, my parents came to Dublin for Christmas! In order to prepare for their visit, I paid my last month's rent early, and had been saving money from my job so that I could, wait for it, QUIT! And that's exactly what I did one week before my parents got here. I quit my job.

Let me explain a few things. One, I've been working as a waitress at a show, so I work late nights. Two, I wouldn't have gotten the time off to chill with my parents. Three, I would've had to work New Year's Eve. Four, I already missed celebrating St. Paddy's Day because I was working. Five, I wanted to enjoy my last month here being able to see the people I want to see, and go wherever I want to go when I like.

So there you are, I am unemployed, once again. But I am ecstatic.

My last month here has already been busy. My parents were here for the New Year, then my friend from home came to visit (again), then I took a spontaneous trip to Galway. Only one week into 2019 and we are thriving. Except for the cold I got from going 100 mph with all those activities.

Galway 

Also, Galway

I hope you all have a splendid 2019. Check back for my blog posts. Be nice to people.

xoxo
Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts