London Noms Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of my London Noms series. When writing Part 1 (found here), I quickly realized there were too many wonderfully delicious places in London and too many words for one blog post. Thus, the series was born.

Read on for even more of my favorite spots for a nosh in London. (The numbers are continued from Part 1).

6 - HARRODS FOOD HALL
Now I know what you're thinking, "This is kind of a trap because actually, the food hall has, like, six restaurants, three grocery stores, a bakery, and a candy section. Plus, it's known around the world so everyone goes there anyway." You are correct. However, I would like to think I do the Harrod's Food Hall a little different. First things first when entering Harrod's, head to the furniture section and rest for a bit because I bet your feet and legs are tired from walking around London (If anyone asks, tell them you're redoing your sitting room.) Second, head on down to the food hall and pick up: a baguette, truffle cheese, and sweets of your choice. There you are, dinner is sorted. Take it to a park, take it home, eat it at your Airbnb, eat it on the tube, I don't care. Harrod's may be expensive, but if you do it right you can spend a small amount of money, throw a party for your taste buds, and not feel guilty about any of it. But, seriously, I would highly recommend the truffle cheese.

I have no pics of the actual food hall, just his exterior, 
as well as a picture of my friend eating the truffle cheese in bed. 
Hit me up if you want the picture. 

@Harrodsfood on Instagram

7 - FARMACY
I'm a little biased here because the last time I was eating here Sandra Oh asked to sit next to me because my energy was radiating such great vibes. That's a lie, the table was open. That aside, this fab vegan/veggie/wholistic restaurant in Notting Hill is perfect for those friends who like to eat delicious food and grab a cuppa, but also have dietary restrictions that reduce them to only eating leaves. The food here is super delicious while still being vegan/veggie whatever. That means NO cheese and still yummy enough that I keep going back! What an achievement. Last time I was there I had a delicious Mexican bowl with some of the best guacamole I've had NOT in North America (nothing compares, sorry), and a ~peppercorn~ turmeric latte. If they can put peppercorn in my G&T, then it's good enough for my latte, too.

Specialty healthy lattes

The BOMB Mexican bowl

@Farmacyuk on Insta

8- GRIND
Perhaps, my favorite coffee "chain" ever. I don't know if it's technically a chain, but GRIND has multiple locations all throughout London. One in Soho, Holborn, etc., and more opening! The thing about this coffee shop is how they mix cuteness, great drinks and food, and efficiency. First, cuteness. Every location has these saucy neon signs saying slightly scandy ancedotes; I'm obsessed with them. Second, the food and drink. My first experience at the Holborn location I had avocado toast and poached eggs and it did not disappoint. I've been going ever since and getting coffee, tea, food, you name it. Finally, the efficiency. Sounds weird for a food blog, but let me explain. The cafes are the perfect size -- the size that communicates "feel free to eat here, or just chill with your coffee, but also we need the space." They also offer quick takeaway cups. Not just as in quick for you, but they are so speedy with their coffee making and it's still fab.

I could rave longer, but I won't, here's a saucy sign:



little latte action

little poached egg/avo toast action, too

@Grind on Insta

9 - LAZY HUNTER
I like this place because it incorporates the word "Lazy". But, also, the food is friggin' bomb. Big portions, delicious eggs, lots of potatoes -- the full trifecta. The whole atmosphere is nice too: nice size, good lighting, warm and cozy, and..... (at least when I was there) a country music playlist. What??! Somewhere other than the United States playing country music in PUBLIC?! You heard it here first, folks. That aside this breakfast was actually so delicious. And it's perfect if you're headed towards the Camden area in the morning because it's close to Camden (which is a little out) and totally work the trek.
Drankz

Foodz

No Instagram

10 - PIZZA PILGRIMS
Located in one of my favorite places in London (Kingsly Court in Carnaby Street), this pizza joint offers fabulous Zaa and beer!!!!!! Two of my favorite things. There's other delicious things offered as well, like their crust dipping sauces, yummy yummy. I love this place because it looks small and like you won't get a table, but, surprise, there's a downstairs and they can seat you. The pizzas are both classic and have some fun twists. There's the margarita and sausage-y types (the classics), and then some with rocket, eggplant, other meats, etc. (fun twisty ones). Personally, I had one with eggplant and it was FAB! My travel buddy and I also split a dipping sauce of pesto (I think) because why not add the extra cals -- you're only young with a mediocre metabolism once. Food aside, the prices are great, the inside vibes are fun, and just outside is Kingly Court full of more great food and Carnaby Street with lots of shopping outside.

Pizza Pies. 

@Pizzapilgrims on Insta 

Thank you for joining into our second edition of London Noms. Brought back by popular demand (popular as in just my mother -- aka my number one fan).

xoxo
Lisa









Comments

Popular Posts