London Noms

Sometimes I think I should move to London because it seems like I'm there all the time. In November, alone, I went twice, and I've been there multiple times since moving to Europe. I'm not a definite Londoner (yet), but, hopefully, that changes in the future.

(Peggy Porschen Exterior - and me with a CanO Water in my back pocket)
(CanO Water is a sustainable alternative to bottled water, check it out https://www.canowater.com)

One of my favorite parts about London is alllllll the food! There are too many delicious places and not enough meals in the day. This blog is dedicated to my favorite restaurants, cafes, bakeries, and everything else edible in London. (Actually, this will be a multiple part series because there's just too many delicious spots.)

1 - PEGGY PORSCHEN
If you follow me on Insta (@LisaGoingPlaces) then you know how obsessed with Peggy I am. If I'm in London, I HAVE to go. Located on the cutest street in Belgravia, this bakery is arguably one of the trendiest most instagrammable places in London. But none of that actually matters because their cupcakes taste like actual heaven. They are smooth and moist and packed full of flavor and surprises. Dare I say that Peggy cupcakes are way better than Sprinkles in LA (they are). Another fab bonus is the super cute coffee art, which is seasonally appropriate, as is all the decor at the little cafe. The pink exterior just screams, "GET INSIDE AND TAKE A MILLION PICTURES OF THESE LITTLE CUPS OF HEAVEN!" But there are often lines of people waiting to be seated, so please enjoy at a reasonable pace -- don't spend 15 minutes photographing your food, please eat it asap.

(Christmas themed goodies at Peggy)

(The same exact goodies, but a different angle. Look how moist those babies look.)

@Peggyporschenofficial on Insta

2 - FARM GIRL
Farm Girl is a blogger favorite with multiple locations around London Town. I went for the first time with my friend Morgan and we had some mixed reviews. The food was good and the decor/interior was super fab, but, for me at least, the real bread-winner of Farm Girl is the drinks! Think rose lattes (with rose petals), charcoal lattes (completely black if you want to embrace your goth side), lavender lattes, golden milk, etc. They were super delicious. Like who can make a drink out of charcoal and actually make it appetizing? Farm Girl, that's who. So saddle up those horses, milk those cows, harvest those crops, and head to Farm Girl for a fab drink or two.

(This slightly blurry picture is the result of being starving and seated near a window during a rainstorm and thus freezing. Nonetheless, it was delicious.)

(Gothy Charcoal latte for all the angsty teens out there. Just kidding, I'm not an angsty teen and I loved it.)

@Farmgirlcafe on Insta

3 - PUNJAB
Apparently, not every family in the world is obsessed with Indian food like my family is. Personally, I think it's crazy, but that's a whole other blog post. Anyways... my mom and I discovered Punjab in Covent Garden during one of our various London Adventures. From the first bite, we were blown away. The Chicken Tika Masala, Butter Chicken, and Chicken Korma are some favorites. Along with the delicious naan, obviously. Punjab is a London must for me, even when there is a line out the door (tell tale sign of a super dope restaurant).

(I have no pictures here because usually I am so hungry and it smells so good I can't control myself.)

http://www.punjab.co.uk

4 - 26 GRAINS
Once upon a time, I tried to like kale because I lived in Los Angeles and it was everywhere. Eventually, I actually started to not hate it, but it wasn't my number one salad go-to. Fast forward to a London trip where I was on my own and wandered into 26 Grains in Neal's Yard. Let. Me. Tell. You. I love kale now, and it's all because of 26 Grains. I had a curry and a fab golden milk latte, but the best part was the side (not even main attraction) to my meal -- the baked kale. warm, sweet, and didn't taste like dirt, like some kale does. I was going to ask how this masterpiece was created BUT the man next to me did (so it's obviously a fan fave) and I eavesdropped and found out it's made with sesame oil and honey! So yummy, the best kale ever.

(I have no pictures here because it was one of my first times venturing out in London alone and I felt very self-conscious about being a food photographer.)

http://www.26grains.com
@26grains on Insta

5 - BOB BOB RICARD
Full disclosure here, I am a post-grad young adult from a middle-class family with student loans. But, somehow, I found myself gracing the halls of the posh and expensive Bob Bob Ricard one day. A bottle of wine in, my dear friend and I were unaware that the millionaire friend we were accompanying (very long story) would NOT pay for the EIGHT bottles of CHAMPAGNE that were ordered to the table (100 pounds later we had ice cubes for breakfast). Anyways, the main attraction here is the button on the tables of BBR (as us classy, chic gals call it (not)) that say "Press for Champagne". There's something about a button and a sudden feeling of bouj that makes you press it... sometimes eight times.

(THE Button)

That aside though, the food is actually very delicious and they do a good lunch deal (especially if you're splitting food like Morgan and I did to celebrate her birthday). But, duh, all the basic bitches (me included) go for the button. 

(Me pretending to be boujee and trendy - as usual.)

@bobbobricard on Insta

Stay tuned for more London food.

xoxo
Lisa





Comments

Popular Posts