Meet Me in the Morning Review

Recently I went on a lunch date with a friend to a cafe called Meet Me in the Morning in Dublin 8 (maybe, hopefully, I could check but I'm pretty sure I'm right.) I've been wanting to try it forever so I hoped on the lunch date opportunity and dragged her there.

As I was eating my plant-based Mash with pumpkin and other healthy vegetable/trendy stuff, I thought to myself, "If I were still dating that Irish boy who liked Trump, was a bodybuilder, and also vegan.... this would've been the perfect place to take him!" And that was when I was inspired to write this blog post, when I realized Meet Me in the Morning was the perfect place to take your vegan, body-building suitors (not the ones who like Trump though, they can stay in America and go to Denny's.)



So I present to you my review of Meet Me in the Morning!

The location of this cafe is fab, right off the beaten path from Camden Street down a little alley that's just secluded enough, without being creepy and murder-y. It's pretty city centre, but away from the main Temple Bar, Spire area that you don't feel touristy.

We arrived for lunch, which is served until half three, and both had the Hash. MMITM (abbreviations are key with long cafe names) was a lot more crunchy, granola, hippy than I thought. Not in the sense that they had a big granola bowl (which they did), but in the sense that I could definitely sense some super plant-based-y/smoothie moms trying to be fit vibes. But they do still offer stuff like Chorizo, so everyone wins. Our Hash was amazing and super filling (which I was worried about because this Mama loooooves to overeat), and presented really fabulously with a pink sauce and legit edible flowers on top! A basic bitch's aesthetic dream, if I do say so myself. The only thing I would like what would me food options, but then again with a small cafe that's not exactly realistic.


They also offered an array of coffee, which sent my heart into a giant flutter. We got cappuccinos that were eloquently decorated with a gorgeous flower/plant/design of foam art. Since being minimally trained at being a barista, I have a new respect for coffee art because OMGGGGG is it difficult. Also, did you know you could burn milk???? Because, apparently, you can.


Coffee art aside, the general vibes of this place were very calm, clean, and bright. Dare I say Scandinavian, minimalistic vibes. But you know what that means?! FAB lighting for all of my food photography pics. I was thriving, let me tell ya. And thank goodness for my wonderful company who was not embarrassed by my photo taking and joined in!

I will definitely be returning to Meet Me in the Morning for some breakfast soon because the menu looked delish, and would recommend to anyone traveling in Dublin looking for a yummy healthy meal! Especially if you're a vegan bodybuilder!

xoxo,
Lisa





Comments

Popular Posts