6 Months (?!?!?!?!)

Apparently, it's already August. No clue how that happened so quickly, but we're now more than halfway done with 2018, and, even scarier, I'm 6-months into my 12-month Working Holiday Visa in Ireland. Yikes, am I right?

(DT Dublin)

But now, instead of being a Debbie Downer about my last leg of my visa, I will review the fantastic first 6-months I have had! Full of adventure and epiphanies and love and traveling and lots of laughs.

My first few months were greeted with lots of snow and cold weather. But I also started my job as a waitress and quickly made a lot of wonderful friends. So the winter weather didn't make me feel too sad/homesick. Although my job has since changed drastically in relation to management, I'm still very happy to be there! (But maybe I'm going to try and find a new job idk). I really love my work family, and all the cute boys I work with, duh.

(The hotel I work at is right on River Liffey)

I have moved twice since moving here. First in a neighborhood called Ballsbridge and now in the city centre. I walk down the alley to my apartment nightly and there are always men peeing! Sometimes directly onto my front door! Occasionally there's a makeout that I have to awkwardly interrupt as well. That's what I get for living near all the bars though.

My travels since moving to Europe have been AMAZING! I first went to Malta in April with one of my friends and had an amazing time, then to Ibiza, Spain with friends from work, which was also extremely fun. In terms of inner Ireland travel, I have visited Galway, Cork, Dingle, and Howth which is super close to Dublin but I count it as a trip anyways. Second leg of my visa includes trips to the UK, Croatia, Montenegro, and Portugal!

(Malta)

(Ibiza)

(Galway)

(Cork)

(Dingle Dangle)

(Howth Cliff Walk)

I've had some lovely visitors who've come to see me as well! My bff Julia came during my few months here, and my family visited in July for my birthday! I'll have a few more visitors (hopefully more though, wink wink.) before I leave!

(Doolin, the city near The Cliffs of Moher)

(Letting the wind flow through my hair)

(Mom at Guinness Storehouse looking hot af as a silhouette)

I really, really love living in Ireland. The people are amazing, and I have made really great life-long friends in such a short period of time. We have a ton of fun and it very interesting getting to know a new culture and worldly perspectives on things.


Hopefully, I'll find a way to stay in Ireland after my visa expires. You know what that means? I'm trying to find an Irish husband ASAP. Wish me luck, send good vibes.

(Show this picture to any potential Irish husbands, please.)


xoxo,
Lisa
















Comments

Popular Posts