Dingle (Berries) Peninsula

The Dingle Peninsula is said to be one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland. Although its name sounds extremely comical, the peninsula is anything but. To the north are the Cliffs of Moher, and to the south, the ring of Kerry, but the peninsula on its own is worth a visit.

Not only is it stunning and offers a ton of quintessential Ireland pics, but there are BABY LAMBS (!!!) and a cute-ass village with some dank ice cream. Plus, according to one of my friends, the only famous Irish dolphin lives in the seas near Dingle (it's also plastered on every tourist office window).

(Me with said baby lamb)

The town of Dingle itself was super fun and "classically Irish". The food everywhere we went was also very delicious. We popped into the Dingle Pub which is owned by a member of the Chieftains, as well. My family was visiting, hence our trip, so surprise, surprise, we did the absolute most stereotypical touristy things.

(Murphy's Ice Cream - Gin and Strawberry!!!! My dreams are consumed by this cone)

(Classic Ireland being all cute and shit)

The drive around the peninsula is stunning and often compared to being just as beautiful as the Ring of Kerry, which is an hour's drive south. The absolute best part was HOLDING A FREAKIN BABY LAMB! Can you tell I was hyped? I created a bucket list when I moved to Ireland and holding a lamb was on it. I was very happy to hold a lamb, to say the least. A sign on the road directed us to a small farm, where I paid 3 euro to hold a lamb and watch another lamb shit all over itself. Wonderful experience, 10/10 would recommend.

(Pics of the views because I highly doubt anyone wants to see the 70 pictures I have of me holding a lamb)


The drive itself, though, offered up tons of beautiful cliff and sea views. We followed the drive along Slea Head Drive. Just to remind everyone, we were in the Dingle area.... driving on Slea Head Drive.... there's definitely a joke there, I'm just not sure what it is, yet.

(If you're wondering how much Irish I've learned, the answer is very, very little.)

If you like fab views, baby animals, feeling cozy, and funny names, Dingle is the place for you.


Enjoy the week, slea heads,

xoxo,
Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts