Ibiz-knees

Fun fact: when I studied abroad in Spain for a summer, I visited the island of Ibiza with my friends and captioned my Instagram "Ibiz-knees." I am now recycling that caption one because it's so catchy, and two because I returned to Ibiza with my Irish friends for a holiday! We arrived at the beginning of the summer party season and stayed for about four days. Let me tell you -- Ibiza may be one of my favorite places on Earth. It's like an entire Las Vegas island with better weather, people, food, and a beach.

(Heaven on Earth AKA Ushuaia)

(LOOK HOW GORGEOUS) 

One of the main reasons people go to Ibiza is to party. As a former party-girl (as my mother once called me), I felt very at home. Just kidding, what I really love about the party atmosphere in Ibiza is the DJ sets and shows in some of the coolest clubs in the world. Previously I had been to Pacha and Space (before it got sold), and this time I went to the legendary Flower Power night at Pacha, and to see Tini Tempah + crew at Ushuaia.
(Evidence of me being a party girl)

Flower Power night at Pacha was such a cool experience. Less DJ and more 50's/60's/70's/80's music along with really fun dancers and literal flowers falling from the ceiling. Pacha will always hold a special place in my heart because it's one of the first amazing clubs I ever went to. I will always love those little cherries.

(Blurry picture of me trying to be artsy while not completely sober in a club with flowers falling from the ceiling)

Ushuaia, on the other hand, was a full-blown DJ set complete with confetti, air blowers, fire, and lights. Basically, the whole shin-dig when it comes to a good show. Spanish culture is very much focused on arriving at clubs past midnight, usually around 2 AM, but at Ushuaia, the show starts way earlier. My friends and I got there around 8, a few hours into the show, and about an hour before the main set started. It was perfected timing to watch the sunset and party away. I love Ushuaia, and I don't even know how to pronounce it.

(a little less confetti and a little peek at the dusk/sunset vibes)

One of the best parts of my trip was the Airbnb I stayed at in Playa en Bossa, right next to Ushuaia, from our balcony, we could see the ocean and see/hear Ushuaia. The first night there I heard my favorite DJ Klingande and David Guetta play their sets from my balcony and I didn't even have to spend a fortune on a ticket.

(Not my airbnb, just same gorgeous flowers on the beautiful island. S/O to airbnb host Emiliano)

Apart from the partying, Ibiza is a gorgeous island with beautiful water, beaches, and even more beautiful people. 10/10 would recommend.

xoxo,
Lisa




Comments

Popular Posts