making friends

One of my favorite things to do is tell stories. Usually, the story is about me and something kind of weird/embarrassing/awkward I did. Scratch that, it's always about me being awkward. But if you own your awkwardness nature then you're just confident, right? Idk.

Anyways, as a way of sharing some stories since my whole three weeks in Dublin, I'm going to share a story about my first weekend here without my mom! I am so #blessed that I made a great friend super quickly and we had a super fun weekend together! Great way to ease the "I miss my mom already" pain.

This weekend, my mom left Dublin, which means I am on my own in this new country for the first time! I start my waitressing job on a trial basis in two weeks, so until then, I'm just exploring. Luckily, the day my mom left I met an amazing new friend (via a facebook group I'm a part of) that is traveling in Ireland this week. So, I wouldn't be alone AND I had someone to watch the Ireland v Whales Rugby game with!!!

We met up to go to a pub and watch the game and I very quickly realized that my new neighborhood is a sort of hub for watching rugby matches because it's pretty close to the stadium. This means I walked out my front door and was greeted by a beer garden and 30 foot tall Guinness blow up attractions!!!!!! Beer gardens rock. We ended up going to the very popular and very busy Searson's pub, though. If you follow my Instagram, then you saw the videos of Ireland winning and wow was this a fun day! Everyone was so so nice and excited about the match so the energy was so fun and exciting! I am very happy I could share the experience with my new friend, Laila, instead of by myself because that would've been a shit-show. 10/10 would recommend going to a pub to watch a rugby match when you're in the country.

(A shit picture of Searson's!) 

The game started at 2 so we had the entire night ahead of us once it was over. Since I am still new and Laila had never been to Dublin before, we figure going to the super touristy but popular Temple Bar district (more specifically we somehow found space in the actual Temple Bar) would be a fun way to start the night. Guess what happened? We stayed the whole night. And I gave a bartender my number. LOL.

Guess who hasn't texted me yet? My new mystery crush the bartender whose name I don/t even know. But it's okay, the moral of the story is I am very happy I'm trying to take some chances while I'm here.

I easily could have holed up in my room the second my mom left, not texted Laila to meet up, and not gave that bartender my phone number. But that's no fun. Hopefully, I continue to take some (safe, thought-out) chances while I'm here, so far, I'm finding it very fun and exciting!

Long ramble short, I had a great weekend and met a lot of new friends (none of which live in Ireland but that's okay), and I really really think everyone should say "fuck it" every once and a while and do something out of your comfort zone.

xoxo,
Lisa

(Me and My Gina in the elevator of the National Gallery in Dublin, which, btw, I'm writing blog post about because this art museum is actually interesting and fun and doesn't use stupid big words when describing the art.)

Comments

Popular Posts