Post-Travel Blues

Coming back from a trip is weird. If you're attempting to run a travel blog, like I am, then not bringing your laptop (and therefore not being able to write anything whilst adventuring) is the first thing that makes you feel weird upon your arrival home. You'd think I would've brought my laptop or wrote something on my phone or, idk, a piece a paper while I was traveling, yeah? The answer is no. I was so caught up in the moment and wasn't even thinking about what I would write when I got back. But living in the moment isn't the worst thing in the world!!!!!!!!

The other part that feels weird is my lack of agenda and immediate fall back into my life that doesn't consist of waking up early, walking 15 miles a day, having things to plan each day, and having new exciting things to see each day. It's weird.

The third weird thing is my post-graduate/unemployment/what am I doing with my life/why did I move away from all my friends (???) realization, that hits every time I come home. I'm so used to coming "home" for extended periods of time to my apartment with my two roommates and living within a mile or two of all my other friends who I can see whenever I want. Also, I'm used to be busy with school and work things and other busy-work. But every time I come home-home (to my family's home) after being away, it reiterates that I did graduate, and I did move, and things in my life have taken a huge leap of change. And then, when I start thinking about things like this, it makes me wonder, "so why the hell am I choosing to move even further from everything that feels so familiar to me?" (The short answer is because why not it's going to be such an experience and I can always come back.)

The moral of this blog post is that coming back from traveling is super weird mixture of "I'm so happy to be back in my home with people (and dogs) and I love" mixed with my post-grad feelings of "oops maybe I forgot this was home for a second" as well as "take me back immediately".

But more importantly, it's an update because I didn't write or share anything on the blog for the almost four weeks I was gone whoopsies. With that being said, pics and stories to come soon. For more updates follow the blogstagram (@mapsandmoscatoblog) on Insta for daily pics and weird captions.

In the meantime, here's a picture of a sunset in LA last spring that makes me very happy because it was BEAUTIFUL, and made me feel like I was in a snowglobe (minus the snow).

Comments

Popular Posts