"Start Spreading the News..."

Ah yes, New York City, the center of the universe. It is a beautiful city full of people, lights, food, and garbage! Trash aside, I love this city.  My trip in August was full of food, sweat, the sun, the moon, and, yes, a few drinks (although I didn't get a lot of pics so I won't actually blog about alcohol for once L O L).


One of my favorite places to visit was Eataly in the Flat Iron District because it was full of all of my favorite gluttonous sins: cheese, wine, chocolate, gelato, and bread. Plus, the displays and layouts were wonderfully designed. Which completely went over my brother's head, but for a young, Instagram obsessed gal like myself, it was heaven. Hopefully, this was just a sneak-peak into my life come January when I actually move to Italy. Check back in about five months and I'll definitely be wearing drawstring sweatpants everywhere because my jeans won't fit.

(Eataly!!! Website here: https://www.eataly.com. Love the Sumemer Fling sign even though I did NOT have a summer fling.)

The day we went to Eataly was also the day of the Solar Eclipse!!!!!!! This cosmic event really made my mother, God-Mother, and I feel extremely full of positive energy and cleansed of our negative vibes. We're totally hippies though so this makes sense. What was actually eye-opening though, apart from the moon covering the sun (wtf, right), was that the "grumpy", "mean" people of NYC were coming together on every street corner to share their eclipse glasses and geeky Eclipse box viewers! Everyone was sharing and experiencing the moment together and that makes a sap like me really feel the love. I love a good sense of community, and I loooooooove teamwork and people working together (s/o to my besties for knowing how true my love is).



In this topic, are the people of New York really that mean and bitter? Every article you read says how everyone is kinda rude, but I feel like that's not true. 1) people are rude everywhere, so really it's not that special :) 2) maybe my own personal bitterness and aggression, especially when driving through the city, eclipsed everyone else's sourness 3) but I also am kind of a naive, happy-go-lucky person so maybe everyone is really mean and I just chose to ignore it. IDK. Maybe I got lucky with the niceness on this trip. Although a few homeless people did yell some interesting things and touch my shoulder as if we were close friends (??? We're not, but I guess I would've been open to the suggestion, everyone needs a friend).

Someone who's not full of rage in the city??? My friend Julia from high school who lives in Brooklyn. She has her own blog located here: mgznbyjh.com. She's a lot cooler than I am. I'm happy to see my friends before I leave them all and move across the world though. You know FOMO? Fear of missing out. I have a lot of FOMO. So, like, why would I willingly put myself in a position to miss out on everything for the next year? Questions for another blog.

(My friend Julia AKA Juju AKA Ju)

The trip to the city actually had a purpose more poignant than eating, if you can believe it. I was moving my soon to be sister-in-law from the city to Hoboken, New Jersey. According to the men I was eavesdropping on at a baseball game, "Hoboken is so cool now and, like, way nicer than Jersey City. Oh wait... is Hoboken part of Jersey City? It doesn't matter, that place is lit now."

(View from soon to be sister in laws old apartment. She moved so you can't stalk her. The doorman let us use his eclipse glasses. Mom almost died of heart attack because i stuck my body out of the window 30 floors up.)

So, yes, I enjoyed Hoboken because it's really fun and nice and it is in fact lit. Plus, they have yummy food, including Cake Boss Carlo's Bakery where I got a cannoli. Please, for me, go eat a cannoli today.

Love and light,
Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts